- In this document references to ‘’We’’ or ‘’Our’’ are to FLINN.law and references to “You” or “Your” are to any user or visitor to FLINN’s website or online content and services.
- We are strongly committed to the protection of Your privacy online and, accordingly, We take appropriate measures to protect the personal information that you provide to Us. We also take measures to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection of, and what We may do with, any personal information that You provide to Us.
- We practise law in Belgium through FLINN.law SCRL/CVBA (“FLINN”). FLINN is a cooperative limited liability company (Société coopérative à responsabilité limitée / Coöperatieve vennootschap met beperkte aansprakelijkheid / Genossenschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) formed in accordance with Civil law. It is registered in Belgium as Company N° 0670 534 373.
- The contact details for our office in Brussels, Belgium are:
6th Floor, 46 Avenue des Arts
T. +32 (0)2 274 51 80
F. +32 (0)2 274 51 81
[ADMINISTRATOR e.g. email@example.com]
- We may collect certain information or data about You when You use Our website (the “Site”). The details that We collect include, for example, information that You provide when You sign-up to receive Our newsletters, or information about Our events, or to access certain of Our content. You can choose whether or not to receive such information from us. If you wish to receive communications about matters that interest you Our, you can indicate your choices by checking the appropriate boxes on the form from which we collect your information.
- The registration information You provide may be required to use the service or Site, We will store this information and data and use it to contact You, provide You with further details of the services and otherwise for the normal use, provision of services and improvement of the Site, unless You ask Us not to do so.
- The information that you disclose may be disclosed to third parties who process data on Our behalf for the limited purposes of enabling You to gain access to any restricted part of the Site, enabling information which You have requested to be sent to You by post or for You to receive specified services.
- Unless otherwise required by law, and otherwise than in accordance with paragraph 7 above We will inform You prior to disclosing Your information to any other third party and We will obtain Your permission to do So.
- We are taking and will endeavour to continue taking all reasonable steps in order to protect Your personal information and data. However, We cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data You disclose online, having regard to the nature of the internet. We may use encryption technology from time to time to assist in protecting any information or data which You submit. In any event, You accept the inherent security implications of disclosing information over the internet and agree not to hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless We have been negligent or wilfully in default of Our obligations under the relevant legislation.
- You have rights in relation to your personal data. They include the right:
- to access to your personal data and be informed of their use
- to make corrections to your personal data
- to have your personal data deleted
- to limit the use of your personal data
- to oppose the use of your personal data
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data
- to require the portability of the personal data shared with us.
- We currently store Your data on Our secure servers in [Belgium] but We may store it outside Belgium where the terms of any Cloud service provider that we may use as a data processor make such storage the most efficient option, provided that the GDPR requirements in respect of such transfers are respected.
- At any time, if You are concerned that the information We hold about You is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact Us by sending an e-mail to [firstname.lastname@example.org] to correct such information. You have the right to obtain a copy of any such personal data that is held by Us.
B. DATA SECURITY POLICY
- We control access to information and personal data, including existing procedures for -authorising and authenticating users as Well as software controls for restricting access.
- Where unauthorised access by third persons could compromise Our security, we control physical security in relation to Your information and personal data by restricting access to Our offices and computer rooms, technology areas, equipment and other facilities. (Access to Our Brussels office building itself is controlled by the building’s management company.)
- [All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, contained or stored on Our information technology equipment and any that is contained and stored on manual file’s is locked up and secure.]
- [We maintain a business continuity plan as a contingency plan which identifies Our business Functions and assets (including personal data) which would need to be maintained in the event of disaster and set out the procedures for protecting and restoring them if necessary.]
- In respect of detection and investigation of breaches if they occur, We have in place relevant controls which should alert Us to a breach in security. We will investigate every breach of security and report on the same in accordance with the GDPR if that is required.
- Notwithstanding the precautions that are in place, We cannot and do not absolutely guarantee the security of personal information or data disclosed to or collected by Us.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated, any copies of the pages of the Site -which You save to disk or to any other storage system or medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
- You may only amend, reproduce, adapt or modify materials on this Site where We have given express permission for this purpose.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, You have limited permission to display, print or download extracts from these pages for Your personal non-commercial and non-profit use only and You are not entitled to commercialise any such material in any way.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, copyright, database right or similar rights in all material presented on this Web-site (the “Site”) (including graphical images, text, video clips, reprographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files) are owned, controlled or licensed by FLINN.law (“FLINN”) and are protected or covered by copyright, trade mark, intellectual property law and other proprietary rights. Without Our prior permission, no part of this Site may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other Website, nor may any of its pages or any part thereof be disseminated or in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
- Whilst linking to the home page of Our Site is greatly appreciated, written permission is required. In particular if You wish to use Our name or logo. Please contact [email@example.com] No deep linking or framing will be permitted without prior written agreement. We reserve the right to revoke such permission at any time in our absolute discretion and without the requirement to give a notice period but we will inform you if we decide to do so.
- Any permissions that are granted will automatically terminate if You breach any of the terms or other terms and conditions applicable to this Site. Nothing on this Site or Your use of any of the services shall be construed as conferring any licence or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of FLINN.law or any third party, whether implied or otherwise, save as expressly provided.
- FLINN.law does not endorse or accept any liability for links to third party Web-sites which may from time to time be available at www.flinn.law. Any such links are provided for Your information and convenience only. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content or availability of any linked Web-site.
D. DISCLAIMER, APPLICABLE LAW & JURISDICTION
- The contents of this Site are subject to the matters set out below, contents are only for general information or use by Our clients as indicated. If You do not agree with the governing law or these terms, please do not use our Site.
- Information available on Our Website is not legal advice and shall not be interpreted or used as such. Referring to the Web-site is not a substitute for seeking appropriate legal advice in relation to the facts of Your particular situation. Any opinions or advice contained in e-mail correspondence with FLINN.law’s clients are subject to the terms of the client’s retainer letter and of Our e-mail confidentiality notice.
- The information on this page and the Site is updated from time to time. However, We hereby exclude any warranties (whether express or implied), as to the quality, accuracy, efficacy, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of this page, the Site or any of its contents, including (but not limited) to any price quotes.
- We will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business, opportunities or projects, or loss of profits howsoever arising and whether contractual or tortious or otherwise either from the use of or inability to use the Site or any of its contents and materials, or from any action or omission taken as result of using the Site or any such contents).
- We make no warranty that the contents of the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- All liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law including any implied terms as the content of this Site. The Site is provided “as is”‘ without warranties of any kind. We reserve the right to change the entire contents of this Site, at any time, without giving You prior notice.
- Belgian law and jurisdiction, excluding the application of its conflict of law rules, apply exclusively to the contents of this Site. The Courts of Brussels, Belgium, shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute arising from or concerning Your access to and use of the Site.