Member of the Brussels bar since 1995, Anna Gibello has gained broad experience in commercial law, international contract law, fair trade practices and dispute resolution (in particular in the food, textile and mechanical sectors). She advises clients in negotiating and drafting their commercial contracts, as well as restructuring their distribution networks. She also represents them in legal disputes before the Belgian courts regarding civil and commercial issues (with a particular focus on damage claims for wrongful termination of distribution contracts, non-conforming goods issues/out-of-court expertises, damage claims for counterfaiting goods).
Before joining Flinn, Anna Gibello collaborated with some major international law firms in Brussels. Due to her extensive experience in assisting international clients, she is recommended by Chambers & Partners 2014, 2015 and 2016.
As a specialist in fashion life cycle’s legal matters, Anna Gibello assists her clients from the initial conception of the collection, with all IP’s related issues, to its store or online sale.
She chairs Flinn’s Italian Desk created to offer full service assistance to Italian clients interested in doing business in Belgium as well as to Belgian clients with interests in Italy.
Particularly interested in ADR, Anna Gibello is also a civil and commercial mediator and is appointed as arbitrator in commercial litigation matters.
Italian, French, English, German and Dutch (good passive knowledge)
- Erasmus – Universität des Saarlandes (DE), 1990
- 1st and 2nd Degree in International and Comparative Law – Faculté Internationale de Droit Comparé -Université de Strasbourg (F), 1991-1992
- Master of Laws, Università degli Studi di Torino (I), 1993
- Training in civil and commercial mediation – PMR Europe – Brussels (B), 2009
- Certificat d’Université en Gestion des droits intellectuels : stratégie, contrats et fiscalité de l’innovation – UCL – Louvain-La-Neuve (B), 2017 – 2018
Membership and Activities
- Member of the Brussels’ Bar (B), since 1995
- Member of the Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce (CCBI – Brussels), since 1996 (member of the executive Board, since 2012)
- Member of the Associazione Internazionale Giuristi di Lingua Italiana (AIGLI – Milano), since 1999 (member of the executive Board, since 2011)
- Lecturer in Fashion law at the Modesign Academy of Brussels, since 2014
- Swarn translator Italian-French, since 2009
- “Main intellectual property rights and other legal issues surrounding the creation of a fashion collection” – Modesign Academy – Brussels (August 2017)
- “Premiers pas vers l’international : établir son réseau de distribution à l’étranger” – Brussels Distribution Conference – Brussels (October 2015)
- “Le contrat de concession de vente et le contrat d’agence – De la formation aux indemnités de rupture” – Seminar organized by the Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce – Business Center Airport Charleroi (March 2014)
- “Introduction to the main legal aspects in the fashion industry” – Seminar organized by the Mode and Design Center (MAD) – Brussels (November 2013)