Member of the Brussels bar since 1995, Anna Gibello has gained broad experience in commercial law, international contract law, fair trade practices and dispute resolution (in particular in the food, textile and mechanical sectors). She advises clients in negotiating and drafting their commercial contracts, as well as restructuring their distribution networks. She also represents them in legal disputes before the Belgian courts regarding civil and commercial issues (with a particular focus on damage claims for wrongful termination of distribution contracts, non-conforming goods issues/out-of-court expertises, damage claims for counterfaiting goods).
Before joining Flinn, Anna Gibello collaborated with some major international law firms in Brussels. Due to her extensive experience in assisting international clients, she is recommended by Chambers & Partners 2014, 2015 and 2016.
As a specialist in fashion life cycle’s legal matters, Anna Gibello assists her clients from the initial conception of the collection, with all IP’s related issues, to its store or online sale.
She chairs Flinn’s Italian Desk created to offer full service assistance to Italian clients interested in doing business in Belgium as well as to Belgian clients with interests in Italy.
Particularly interested in ADR, Anna Gibello is also a civil and commercial mediator and is appointed as arbitrator in commercial litigation matters.
Italian, French, English, German and Dutch (good passive knowledge)
- Erasmus – Universität des Saarlandes (DE), 1990
- 1st and 2nd Degree in International and Comparative Law – Faculté Internationale de Droit Comparé – Université de Strasbourg (F), 1991-1992
- Master of Laws, Università degli Studi di Torino (I), 1993
- Training in civil and commercial mediation – PMR Europe – Brussels (B), 2009
- Gestion des droits intellectuels : stratégie, contrats et fiscalité de l’innovation – Université Catholique de Louvain – Louvain-La-Neuve (B), 2017
- Corso di Alta Formazione in Fashion Law – Università Cattolica di Milano – Alta Scuola Federico Stella di Milano – Milano (I), 2019 (ongoing)
Membership and Activities
- Member of the Brussels’ Bar (B), since 1995
- Vice-President of the Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce (CCBI – Brussels), since 2016
- Vice-President of the Associazione Internazionale Giuristi di Lingua Italiana (AIGLI – Milano), since 2017
- Lecturer in Fashion law at the Modesign Academy of Brussels, since 2014
- Swarn translator Italian-French, since 2009
- January 2019, “International circulation of artworks – the Belgian case”, Lecture – Opening Conference at the Opening legal Year 2019 – Milan Bar Association, Milan (IT),
- September 2018, “Esempi di adeguamento delle normative nazionali al GDPR: il caso del Belgio”, Seminar – 31st AIGLI’s Annual Congress, Stresa (IT),
- May 2018, “Disciplina e cessazione dei contratti di concessione di vendita e Franchising nell’UE: il Belgio” in “Disciplina e cessazione dei contratti di concessione di vendita e Franchising nell’UE”, Giuffré Editore, Milano (IT),
- May 2018, 3rd International E book of the Milan Bar, “Disciplina e cessazione dei contratti di concessione di vendita e Franchising nell’UE”, Seminar – Milan Bar Association, Milan (IT),
- March 2018, “Règlement Général sur la Protection des Données (‘RGPD’ – ‘GDPR’) : Qui doit se conformer et comment ? Atelier sur les enjeux et impacts pour les PME et les associations à partir du 25 mai 2018”, Seminar – Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce, Brussels (BE),
- August 2017, “Main intellectual property rights and other legal issues surrounding the creation of a fashion collection” – Seminar – Modesign Academy, Brussels (BE),
- January 2016, “Lo Stato della Giustizia: confronto tra situazione italiana ed internazionale” – Seminar – Milan Bar Association, Milan (IT),
- October 2015, “Premiers pas vers l’international : établir son réseau de distribution à l’étranger” – Seminar – Brussels Distribution Conference, Brussels (BE),
- March 2014, “Le contrat de concession de vente et le contrat d’agence – De la formation aux indemnités de rupture”- Seminar – Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce, Business Center Airport Charleroi (BE).