Michel Segers has an extensive experience in commercial law with a focus on the distribution sector.
He advises clients in a whole range of industries to start up their e-commerce, retail and distribution activities. He also advises franchise networks who are recognised leaders in their market in order to give them a legal leap forward in today’s digital economy.
In addition, Michel Segers is active in the field of intellectual property and has successfully defended clients in trademark disputes and assisted clients in drafting a whole range of license contracts (copyright, database,…).
Michel Segers is also appointed as arbitrator in commercial litigation matters.
Dutch, French, English, German, Spanish
- Erasmus – Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (DE), 2007
- Master of Laws – Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (B), 2007
- LLM in Intellectual Property – Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (B), 2010
Membership and Activities
- Member of the Brussels’ Bar (B), since 2007
- Member of the Brussels’s Bar Association (VPG), since 2007
- Member of the Association of International Young Lawyers (AIJA), since 2015
- “State of play of distribution law” – Seminar organized by the Brussels’s Bar Association (VPG), (May 2017)
- VANHAVERBEKE P., de MUELENAERE D., SIMPELAERE B. and SEGERS M., « La situation des franchisés en matière de requalification de la convention », in Subordination et para-subordination, entre dépendance juridique et économique, Anthémis, 2017